A couple of weeks ago Johanna's parents decided to go to California for three months to take English classes & improve their English. So they thought Johanna could invite some friends who would stay with her during that time. Like that she wouldn't have to live in their big house all by herself & she could experience having roommates for a while. ...And I was one of the girls she asked!!! ...After much thought and a couple of discussions with the Lord, my parents, Johanna & her parents I said yes!
...So tomorrow I will be moving in & there will be four of us! Besides Johanna & I there's Michelle (we've been friends for a couple of years & she also goes to our church) & Tonnja (who's studying with Michelle & I, and who usually takes the train from her town to Bern every day & that's a two hour train ride (one way!)... - so she's really excited about having a much shorter routing!). ...Yay!! We're all SO excited!
Here in Switzerland it is very common for students to live in so-called "WG's" ("Wohn-Gemeinschaft" = apartment-sharing communities - I don't know how common that is in the US...?!) because often you don't want to live with your parents anymore but you still can't afford an apartment on your own. Plus, as a student, here you usually don't need to live in a dormitory because the distance to your home isn't as big and you can easily take the train every day (or other public transportation... or even your bike... ;o) - Well, for Tonnja it is kind of a borderline case... I don't know if I would do it if it was four hours each day!). I have always been wanting to experience that & I imagine it to be a really fun way to live... Of course it will be more work, we'll need to come to agreements with each other, we'll probably get on each other's nerves... But still, we all want to experience it ourselves! :o)
...I'll be sure to keep you updated on our ALL NEW living experiences!!
Thank you for your comments - it is great to hear from you all (I miss you too!!) & now I know that this gets read! ;o)
1 comment:
Hey, that is wonderful.
Abbey and I had lunch with Damaris and Joel last week, it was great. Abbey really likes her, what is it about you two?
Have fun with your new housing!
Post a Comment