Judges 6:24 - Psalm 43:4 --- Richter 6,24 - Psalm 43,4

- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

- Der Gott der Hoffnung aber erfülle euch mit aller Freude und allem Frieden im Glauben, damit ihr überreich seiet in der Hoffnung durch die Kraft des Heiligen Geistes! - Römer 15,13

Friday, August 8, 2008

August 3

That night I went for a walk. It was after 9pm, the sun had set about an hour ago & it was still pretty light outside. The air was still warm, too. I decided to take the road right from our house that goes a little up the hill. I went as far up as I had never gone before (which was still only about 200 metres... ;o)). We've been living in this village for eleven months now & I have only gone up that road to our neighbor's house once (which is about 50 metres from our house). So, I decided to discover new land. :o) After I had passed our neighbor's farm & after a couple more metres I stopped & turned around to see the view from where I was standing. - ...I was amazed at how much more of our neighborhood you could see from there than you could from our house! I saw things differently than I see them out of my window every day. The distance was a little bigger but my view was much broader than usually. Now I could see more of the Alps, I could see the hill that's right next to our village from a little on high, to my left I could see further than usually because I saw a nearby village that from our house you're not able to see. 
While taking all this in it made me think about how this is so true with our personal lives. Sometimes we are so caught up in our day-to-day life or in problems appearing in our lives that we tend to only look at things & problems from our own & limited perspective. But if we'd just step back a little, we'd see all that from a completely new & different point of view & big things bothering us so much would start to become smaller things not bothering us so much anymore...


I think the only way you can REALLY have the right perspective on something is by looking at it the way God does. I know, sometimes this is not that easy, but if you want the Lord to be the most important thing in your life, this is exactly what you want to be doing.
There are a couple of verses from the Bible that talk about this:
1 Samuel 16:7
"But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Ask the Lord to show you His view of this one thing in your life that you can't seem to get past. Ask Him for His help in dealing with this one person you seem to always have troubles with & ask Him to show you how He sees that person & learn to see him or her the same way. 
He will do it!!
With His help you are able to see things from the right perspective.

1 comment:

Sari said...

Salome,

I realized that I had never gone all the way back in your blog...this first post really ministers to me. There is a situation right now in my (and my family's) life that has been at the forefront of my mind and heart, clouding my view of so many things.. especially seeing these few people the way He does. Thanks so much for ministering to me and encouraging/inspiring me even before we "met"!